On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Need Title Input


I need title input. I've titled my contemporary panther shapeshifter novella Wild At Heart. I know this rather echoes the "Heart" books, but that's why I chose it. My other title, Cat Fancy, sounded like a cat food to my readers.

Soooo....Wild At Heart and more "Wild" titles (I'm thinking the next is Wild Streak).

Or cat names? Could be Big Cat Names. "The Tiger Will Get You" (only, right now the white tiger clan are villains...)

In any event, let me know what you like, and if there are any "Wild" titles you want to contribute (or Cat titles), I will give away a free electronic ARC of Wild At Heart for those that make the short list...(max of 5).

Many thanks!
Robin

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If both names could be included it would be perfect, for example:
By Robin D. Owens, writing as "Pseudo Name". I have seen another author publish earlier works this way.
Personally I think having your name there in some way is good, as a fan of your writing, I would probably want to read it; using a Pseudo Name lets readers know up front it will be different.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous; use both names!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild Fancy, Wild Claw

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maximum Claw
Purr Love
Wild Chase
Wiled Away Time (sorry my own play on words)
Cat"astrophe"
Purr"fection"
Wild Peformance
Wild Flowers

Regards, Ruth (CO)


8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat Fancies. does a cat like something, does a cat dream about something, or are there fancy things for cats.

Wild In the Morning, Wild Streaking, Pounced by the Wild

Vey hard to make titles

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Kristal said...

Wild Borne
Born Wild
Wildcat
Wild Cat at Home
Wild Chain
Chained to the Wild
Wild Claws
Wild Luck
Wild Love
Wild Child
Hidden Wild
Wild Hope

Hope that helps. Good Luck!
Kristal

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild Wisdom
Wild Sanctuary

Mem

1:28 PM  
Blogger HMC said...

My suggestions are:
* Wild To Know
* Wild Intuition

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Gina G said...

Wildfire -
Wild by Nature -
Wild For Love -
Wild Abandon -
Wild & Free -
Wild Ones -
Wild Force -
Love In The Wild -
Cats At Play -
Panther Stalks His Prey -
Leopard Stalks Love -
Jaguars Wild Night -

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catch a Tiger by the Tail
Tigers Wild
Gates Wild

(but I really like Hidden Wild)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Here goes...

Running Wild
A Cry in a Wild Storm
A Wild Heart’s Sanctuary
The Prey’s Wild Hunter
Once Upon a Wild Night

This felt like the $10,000 Pyramid game show i.e, Things Related to Cats, Things That Are Wild. LOL

9:02 PM  
Blogger vls said...

Cat names are always good. Panthers, lions, Felis silvestris:) Educate the public about obscure cats! Clouded Leopard is a very mysterious phrase. Being exceptionally fond of your Celta novels, I know using a title as something of a trademark helps readers find you, but it can't be exclusive. Lots of people are using "wild" in titles lately.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Crafter Jane said...

Wild Side
Wild Soul
Cheetah's Chase
Jaguar's Call

2:11 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Kristal, Mem, Crafter Jane, please contact me for your ARCs at Robin at robindowens dot com.

:)

THANKS ALL!

9:20 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Actually, we went in a completely different direction.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]