On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 07, 2012

File Icons


I've started using icon files so I can spot a folder I want right away, and because I like them. So here's the current list. You can see I started with a castle for Heart Search, Laev T'Hawthorn's story, Heart Secret has a door opening. "Klatch" is the Wild At Heart cat shapeshifting series I talked about yesterday and Lightfolk is my Mystic Circle series. And, yes, I still give each Heart book their own file, mostly because the way wordperftect orders Master Documents. If I stuck them in a series file, I'd break all the links.

Just an indulgence and something to talk about. That said, if you have a recommendation for a good freeware/shareware icon-making program, let me know.

May you enjoy the sights of today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Okay--I know Heart Fortune is Glyssa's story. Very excited to see Heart Light--Antenn's story. He's a great character. But, Heart Legacy?? Who is that about?? Did I miss an announcement?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

microangelo was a good program I dad for window XP.

7:23 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Donna, I think we talked about titles for the next books. I believe Heart Legacy has as a hero one of the younger Blackthorns, a fighter, a son of the man who challenged Straif for the T'Blackthorn Title in Heart Choice.

The heroine is the daughter of D'Yew.

I think of this as the old trope of "the stable groom and the daughter of the house" with a twist.

Blackthorn is there to spy on the Yews since no one knows what's going on...and our heroine is so fed up with her Residence and Family that she wants to take off...

Robin

7:33 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anonymous, thanks!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Janhavi said...

Aah, somehow I thought the book with D'Yew's daughter was the one with Gwidion Ash...

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]