On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Taking Critique




I sent the full novella of Wild At Heart out to my critique group over the weekend. Even as I pressed the "send" button, I KNEW what I wanted.

I wanted everyone to say "THIS IS WONDERFUL, DON'T CHANGE A THING?" I think in all the years I've been going to critique group, I've heard that maybe twice.

But people DID love it. AND THEY DID FIND AREAS THAT CONFUSED THEM. And that is critical for a writer. It wasn't a big job (which is good, because I have a cold and little energy).

Now most of my critique group had already seen chapters 1-3. This is what I got back from one of them: "You did a great job incorporating the changes from critique."

That pleased me almost as much as hearing the story was good, itself.

May you be happy with your work today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Stacy C. said...

I love all your Celta books and reread the whole series when a new one comes out. I just finished them all once again and thoroughly enjoyed Heart Secret! It's hard to wait a whole year until the next story comes out! So, looking at your file folders, I am ecstatic to see stories of Antenn and Vinni are on the radar! Thank you so much for that future hope!

7:07 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANK YOU! I liked Heart Secret, too, and now, of course, Heart Fortune is kicking my butt...

Antenn's story is next up. Vinni not so much, I had to really get the conflict between him and Avellana straight in my head...oh, and the Turquoise House book is coming up, too.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]