On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

City of Heroes going down?

NCSoft, the Korean parent corp of Paragon Studios, laid off everyone at Paragon (80 people) last Friday and announced the closing of the game, City of Heroes.

This has stunned and distressed me. I've been making characters who look like my book heroes and heroines for YEARS and sending them to my editor, along with some settings -- and posted them here.

The character customizer is amazing. I'll be putting all my characters (the ones I used for my books, the ones I made to try out costumes, and the ones I actually played) up on pinterest, but the loss of the community...and the stress relief...is just HORRIBLE.




I'll be fighting to keep it going somehow (I have links on that effort if you want to know more), but I've (literally) fought City Hall before and it didn't end well.

Anyway, if you follow me on Pinterest you'll be getting some strange stuff...

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]