On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Story Buzzing in my Mind - New Technique


Story Buzzing in my Mind - New Technique

No, this is the one story I will not tell you about yet for various reasons...but it is occupying a great deal of my thoughts, more than usual.

One reason is because I need to do heavy research for it (and will be heading to the main Denver Public Library tomorrow because they have some non-circulating materials), and I have some books I'm reading for background. So that keeps me focused on this particular story. No, I am NOT, forgetting Heart Fortune!

Another reason is I've begun to explore a new "writing" technique. I often get many ideas before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. That is, in bed. I'm working with the voice memo software on my itouch, recording bits of the story for as long as 20 seconds to thirty minutes...then, during the day, I'm transcribing, editing and expanding the dictation. It is working for me, at this time, amazingly well.

In any event, that's what's going on in my writing life.

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]