On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Working Steadily


A copy of the wallet calendar I'll be handing out (and putting in the goodie room) at the RWA conference.

I've been working steadily this week, as well as setting up parents with a new sound system and itouches, and getting ready for RWA. My cat and house sitters are all lined up, though I'll be working on cleaning the house today and tomorrow so it isn't frightening (not sure I can get the linen closet project done, but we'll see). :)

Again, I will be at the public literacy signing (see announcement a few days ago) at table 901, that is near the upper right hand corner of the map, here, http://www.rwa.org/galleries/rwa2012/RWA2012%20Literacy%20Layout.pdf

I'll also be at the free books Berkley/NAL signing (for conference attendees) on Saturday morning.

I'll hear how Enchanted No More does in the National Readers Choice Awards, and Heart Search in the Daphne's.

I am rooming with someone who offered me space in her room and I'm sure I'll make a new friend. All my past roommates (whom I actually keep up with, or they keep up with me), have been stellar.

May you enjoy the anticipation of a treat today...(like maybe Heart Secret on August 7)?

Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have an enjoyable and successful RWA.
Wish I could go &get your autograph as well as one of the little calendars. Will be there in spirit anyway!
Best of luck!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hope you have loads of fun at RWA. I look forward to meeting you next year in Atlanta. I am doing a re-read through the Celta series in preparation for Heart Secret next month. I can hardly wait. I have it on pre-order from Barnes and Noble.
I am a high school math teacher and begin school preparations next week. I've got to get most of my reading done before Monday.
Again, hope you have lots of fun in the sun in CA.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since she works at a library how about bookbinding, paper making or dying? Therese

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant fabric dying. Or she could be a glassblower, kitemaker or weaver. Therese

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think beading is a fantastic idea. I loved that T'Ash made jewelry. I am a beader and think it fits her main flair as well. Beading can be very organized as well as creative. :-) Kathleen

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]