On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Every manuscript, book, process is different



Every manuscript, book, process is different...and I think I've finally realized that for revision phases I have to proceed in order, and not jump around from section to section. I have gotten accustomed to revising online, finally, with my big monitor to help. To the left is my work in wordperfect, to the right is editorial comments in Word.

Enchanted Ever After demands a complete read beginning to end (all right, I'm skipping a couple of the first scenes where there were no comments, at this point I can't possibly look at them with anything but weariness and touching them would just lead to a terrible mess. If the copy editor has suggestions, I'll look at them again, otherwise they will just have to stay).

After beta comments, I'm chopping a full scene in chapter 4 and rewriting, including only a few bits from the original.

I have a feeling this will be slow, especially with the heat, and instead of doing in 2-3 days, I will need a week. :)

So may you find your own rhythm and be pleased with it this week.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

Have you ever worked with two monitors? I've worked with two pages on a screen. Things are much easier to see when on two monitors.

8:44 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, I now have a huge 23 inch monitor that does me fine, thanks!

:)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]