On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 11, 2012

Shoes and the Writing Career

I've been thinking lately about the wonderful things about working at home/working for yourself. This morning it was shoes. Where are my trainers? Or, maybe, my red crocs. With socks today. I usually wear shoes and two pairs of socks during the winter because my feet get cold, and I ALWAYS wear rags to work, literally holey stuff with tea "oops." Unless someone is coming. Like the roofers, supposed to be here by now. I have "going out" clothes on today, jeans and my fav t-shirt with Shakespeare with the tatts and brow ring. (I think I posted it here somewhere).

So wearing what you like is very cool.

So is starting work when you want. I HATED mornings when I had the day job, but now that I'm on my own, mornings are a good writing time. And I started work today at 5:45 a.m.

Being around for service people/deliveries also counts as a plus.

So I am pleased with myself today (and nervous about roofers, of course).

Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Robin (and, no, even though I didn't want this interrupted, they did not come).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]