On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 23, 2012

Rough Manuscript vs. Published Book

My rough manuscripts are that, rough. Then I read and revise, then send out to beta readers, then revise again pursuant to comments. So my published books are rarely exactly the same as my rough drafts. I make mistakes, I have plot holes, I have too many scenes with secondary characters, motivation may be weak or wonky, the plot arc a little wobbly.

Then, of course, there are the copy edits and page proofs and the plot and characters become even more defined.

I know Enchanted Ever After is too long, and messy, and scenes and redundancies will need to be cut.

And Heart Secret (whose page proofs a friend is working on NOW for me), is significantly different, with added scenes and more refined character motivation, than the beta manuscript I sent out.

Just sayin'. May you have a lovely day.

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]