On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Light At the End of the Tunnel

I have been pounding away at Enchanted Ever After, my human-geek-girl-becomes-a-Lightfolk-mermaid story in a frenzy, mostly because it's overdue. However, I am hopeful that I might finish it next week.

Notice: I ANTICIPATE THAT NEXT WEEK I WILL BE ASKING FOR BETA READERS FOR ENCHANTED EVER AFTER, YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CARE TO ACCEPT IT, IS TO READ THE MS. AND POINT OUT GLARING HOLES OR STUFF THAT REALLY BOTHERS YOU IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, LIKE 2-3 DAYS. I don't believe that I will have the time to do any line editing changes, especially if people DO find large holes or cringeworthy things I need to fix. ;)

The manuscript, now, is very scattered, with about 18 chapters ready up front, lots in the middle, some of the end, and some scenes (including the main battle, though I have several in the story), that I'm looking forward to writing.

Yes, light at the end of the tunnel.

And I am hoping that my cover will have the famous Maroon Bells and Maroon Lake on it, with my dear Kiri as a mermaid in the lake or on a log...hmmm, I do need to write that scene, also. Learning to eat live (or kill and eat nearly dead fish). Ewwwwww.

Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

think sashimi

4:30 PM  
Blogger melmothermode said...

I would love to be a Beta Reader and have no issue with your timescales. Regards Mel

11:01 PM  
Blogger kris said...

If you still need beta readers I would love to do so, and can meet your time needs.

1:46 PM  
Blogger kris said...

I am on a train with no wi-fi for 10 hours of Friday - could send it back on Saturday morning.

1:47 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Kris and Mel. Still working, obviously underestimated the time I needed to finish this.

Robin

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]