On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cutting and Revising


Still cutting and revising Heart Secret, got last beta reader's comments last night. I WILL have to also add words to make some scenes clearer. But you can see how I'm working so I can cut the least amount of full scenes. This DOES modify my voice and my characters voices, but it's better than whole scenes going.

So, into the 12-15 hour days.

Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading it!

Sending you good vibrations, in case they help you a little bit.

8:18 PM  
Blogger C. A. Szarek said...

Tho editing is my LEAST fave thing, I am uber excited for you! Reaching this stage is great! I can't wait to read it! :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Praying for you to get this done quickly and easily.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Liz R said...

I can totally sympathize. Got a nibble on Fairy Tales but have to reduce it further; 6,000 words to remove, and after I've already removed 10,000. Ugh. But it's snowing and freezing here, a good day to hibernate in front of my computer and work on this.

10:24 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

thanks all, sorry I've been absent -- that cutting problem was fierce!

love,
Robin

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]