On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Elements of My Books

I juggle various elements in my books, in Celta it is the romance, character development (including Fam comic relief), a small mystery/suspense, world-building, a dash of the past and set up for the future. I admit that I am reluctant to cut any world-building/Fams and set up. I should probably cut more, but I am of the opinion that ESPECIALLY in the Celta books, my fans like the world-building, like knowing about HouseHearts or magical systems...or a touch of a different religion. And set up...well, I'm working on the intelligent Turquoise House right now....

Merrry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Your fans definitely like the world building in your Celta books. We've been with these characters through so much personal as well as world growth. And, as far as the fams go, they add so much to the story line and to the personal growth of the characters.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Crafter Jane said...

"I am of the opinion that ESPECIALLY in the Celta books, my fans like the world-building, like knowing about HouseHearts or magical systems...or a touch of a different religion"
ABSOLUTELY! I love these elements and they make Celta unique. Fams are essential... I periodically re-read the Celta books, and especially enjoy a Fam bit that I may have overlooked or forgotten.

1:58 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

Yes, we do. We do, with do and we do.


And pretty please, Turquoise House, pretty pretty please?

10:05 AM  
Blogger C. A. Szarek said...

I am one of those fans that LOVE knowing more about the world of Celta. NO CUTTING PLEASE! ;)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited there will be more about the Turqouise House!

Regards, Ruth (CO)

1:54 PM  
Anonymous berrycabal said...

yes definately love world building, and learning how things work. If you have to choose- you can cut the fams... I think they are cute, but I wouldn't necessarily miss them if their scenes needed to go. However, I am always interested to know what the housees think/feel..etc Thanks. & Keep Writing!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]