On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, February 04, 2011

Another Killer Cover -- Hearts & Swords

Just got this. And, no, I'm not done with Noble Heart yet, nor Heart & Sword...and, no, there will probably not be a scene like this in one of the stories. But the atmosphere fits....

Photobucket

I'm very pleased.

Comments welcome.
Robin

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Rudeau said...

I agree. The cover has a great feel to it! I can see the clouds in the background going well with the mutinous atmosphere on the ships.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Laurel N said...

I love this one! The colors and the content are very appealing.
It will look marvelous as I carry it around (and on my bookshelf)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is this one due out?

Tine

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it.
And I like the one with Laev on the cover.

Cindy

11:20 PM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

Ohhh, NICE!
Can't wait for more of Celta!
I am already have withdrawals!

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Far better than Heart Journey, at least.

I would love to know why they changed the style from the one introduced in Heart Dance (continued up to Heart Change), with the men's outfits being drawn and not manipulated photos. I think it worked much better to highlight the designs and make readers imagine the heroes (guided by your description) any way they wanted to.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Deb Stover said...

It's perfect, Robin. I'm pleased, too.

Everything you do is "work." Every breath you take, every gaze through a window, every drive down a mountain pass, every trip to my house for critique group meeting. :) It's all fodder for a character, a scene, or a plot. Life is work. That's what fiction is all about.

Dream on, my friend. Love the new cover.

~Deb

11:48 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

Oh, me likey!

2:43 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Finally getting around to commenting. Wow, it's been a while.

Yes, I love this cover. Hearts And Swords should be published in December 2011.

As for the change in the covers, I was told by a bookseller that every 5-6 books in a series, the covers should change to keep it more fresh.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]