On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Contracts HERE! And Heart Journey author copies! And HeartMate Thai Copies!

It's a good day at the Owens house (and Dingo got to chase Mystery Merlin, but then Dingo always get to chase Mystery Merlin).

The contracts for Untitled Heart Anthology and Untitled Heart Book #10 (Heart Secret) -- Heart Search is on the last contract. Much butt wiggling in the chair. Much dancing on the stairs. Much twirling around and laughing. The rum will be broken out After Writing. The paperwork (which is the only legal-sized docs I've seen for many years), will be scanned and expressed back.

I need to talk to my editor about the stories.

Heart Journey author copies are here. Raz's back is bare of tatt, which is sad but the right thing to do. I don't care for the back, which shows a big moon and oddly shaped "space buildings." Don't do me any favors, guys. Also, the "orangey" lettering is actually gold! I luvs it.

HeartMate Thai (I think) copies are here. I scanned the cover which is an interesting purplish free-form wispy thing, but will post it tomorrow.

Yay!

May you have GREAT news today.
Robin

8 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

yippee!!! Congrats on the new contract. Dancing is a great response to the contract. Meanwhile, I am wriggling in my chair too - more Heart books!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Cate Rowan said...

OOOOOOH, I'm excited to see the Thai cover of one of my favorite books!!! And congrats on the in-hand contract. :-)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear that more heart books are coming! You have a devoted reader for life. Any news on when the heart short story collection will be out?

11:42 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, folks. The Heart story collection (talking to my editor about it tomorrow -- I was thinking staggered length stories up to the biggie), but she may want 3 novellas. I'll post the pitches here in a bit. They would like that out next year, too. So I'll see.

Robin

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the contracts. Yay for us readers. Can't wait to see the covers. Great job, Robin.

8:36 PM  
Blogger N. R. Williams said...

I am thrilled for you Robin.
Nancy
http://nrwilliams.blogspot.com/

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

Woo Hoo! That's great news Robin!!!
A very exciting time for you. Can't wait for more Celta/Heart books!

12:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! I am thinking the stories will be as follows: Genista's Story (Tinne's ex-wife) she has now moved to Gael City and is living quietly under a pseudonym and working at a clockmakers.

Arbusca Willow's story (Saille's mother from Heart Dance). Her HeartMate has come to town.

The Clovers Get A Noble Title -- and this may actually be set between Heart Journey and Heart Search.

Finally, Heart & Sword, the discovery of Celta...mutiny on the generation starship, Nuada's Sword!

(And I may just lift all this out for another post for those who don't read comments).

Robin

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]