On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quick and Dirty Year To Date Wordcount

This is comprised of the rough draft count of Heart Journey (not counting the proposal chapters done last year), the last 13 chapters of Heart Change, the (final) Luna proposal.

This doesn't include any scenes that I wrote that didn't make it into any of the books, or any revisions, or the first Luna synopsis...

175325

Not huge compared to other writers, but...

I now have a little program that will keep track for me on my itouch.

May you be pleased with yourself today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader.. since it seems to make you happy and hopefuly for us, your readers, will keep you writing, this word count is great.. but.. I just don't understand what difference it makes! Quality is always better than quantity, besides each writer has his/her way etc. of doing things; I would never think to make comparisons in something so unique to each writer! As far as I can see there are no brownie points for this from the readers and maybe not even from the publishers?

11:09 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anonymous, you make a very good point, thank you.

I guess I feel that if I write more words, I'll write more books and get more of them out there. That, of course, is not a truism.

Robin

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]