On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good News/Bad News

Heart Journey is DONE!

It is about 15K too long. Which means...I will probably be cutting some unnecessary scenes, maybe even a chapter or three. First I'll clean it up and tighten, see how many of the internals (I AM THINKING/FEELING THIS), I can cut. I'm pretty sure that there are far too many internals of the same thing.

Then I will tighten more until it squeaks.

Then I will see if I still have to cut scenes. If so, they may show up on the website.
I will try my hardest to keep the brief scene with Vinni in, though, strictly speaking, it is not entirely necessary. It gives a slight slant on Del, the heroine, and shows Vinni has grown a little, too, but could be cut.

So...like...if anything happens to me, this book is done.

Reminding you all that this is book 2 of the three book contract with Berkley for more Heart stories.

May you all feel accomplished today.
Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Alessa Ellefson said...

Congratulations on finishing your book!! Yay, that means I'll get to read it soon.
Well, as soon as you're done with your edits, that is. Good luck on those too :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Congrats!

Is your next project your other series or book 3?

10:01 PM  
Anonymous sue said...

YAY for US!! And you :)

Please don't cut Vinnie, we NEED Vinnie!!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Peggy said...

Congratulations! It's always satisfying when you type those last words.

Looking forward to seeing it in print!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will this mean that we'll get the book earlier in 201? like July? August?
Can't wait!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Mari said...

Congraulations!! I'm always curious about the scenes that get cut. As a reader - What extra info am I missing.

Please add as many cut scenes as possible to your website (from this book and any extra ones from the Heart Series).

Thanks :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, folks. It is incredibly long and I haven't finished working on it (ok I only did 20 pages of revision yesterday).

My next project is the first book in the Luna series.

I do hope that if I turn it in early, it may be scheduled earlier, but that depends on my publisher's schedule.

Cut scenes will go up on the website.

Robin

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]