On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 25, 2009

Revisions

I never start with chapter 1 with my revisions. The first several chapters have already been revised many times, what with the original writing, to critique group, after critique group, before submission, after submission...

And critique group has been through chapter 6, so I have those stacked up to do, so I am starting with Chapter 7...

May you enjoy any work you do today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Alessa Ellefson said...

I have a question:

After you've revised your manuscript according to the notes you've received from your critique group, do you have it re-critiqued?

Thank you for your help!

8:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I will have beta readers critique it.

But if we're talking chapters and unlimited time here, our critique group usually limits the amount of times we look at a scene, maybe twice. We are of the opinion that a writer needs to keep on going, not continue to revise. That applies to all of us.

Robin

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]