On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

New Look, Hyphens

I wanted something a little different. I've tried this background before. Not sure it will last too long, but seems a little art deco stained-glassish.

And that reminds me of hypens, the punctuation. Like in blue-green or cul-de-saq. Or any other number of words.

Did I say that in Heart Change the copy editor took ALL the hyphens out? Since it still bugs me, I may email my editor or editor's assistant and ask if that's standard practice now. I think she was supposed to get back to me on something anyway, but mind is a sieve this week...maybe it was...ah! one of the e-formats is unavailable for one of my books. But I haven't heard about that, so I guess I need to prompt, because if I don't it won't get done.


May the day please you today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very complimentary of your copy editor to us readers.. dumb it down! Why bother with any punctuation, we will not appreciate or miss it.
Thank them, I am sure my fellow readers feel very flattered too.
Fight that Philistine! readers are not as stupid as they think we are.. or do they judge us by their own standard?
Fun to change the background to make things always fresh. Thanks.

12:28 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I still haven't talked to my editor or editor's assistant. There IS time to put the hypens back in, but I doubt that will happen.

Robin

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]