On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Totally Insane Plot

From the Denver NaNoWriMo blog page plot generator.

Photobucket

Um, now, let's see. A coupla centuries in the future there's this family, see, of ten very gifted sisters called "The Flying Squirrels" who were once an acrobat team but our heroine is now a supermodel. One of their number goes on an interstellar trip and gets in trouble and sends out an SOS. The whole group answers and finds buff guys in tights and their true loves (not mutually exclusive).

I think this has been done only a few hundred times.

But it's a fun device. May you have fun today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insane but more belivable than the one for the African Queen!
Wonderful to look at Humphrey even playing the part of a drunk derelict; but to contemplate a woman like the one portrayed is a horrible thought! The kind that in real life nobody can stand: do-gooders, busybodies, dangerous and obnoxious.. UGH
Not a complimentary "archetype" for women; the one that justifies some men from saying that women are inferior and insuferable.
If you have come across this "type" yourself - and haven't beeing able to flee - you know what I mean.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Was away for the weekend at a game convention and when I got back this afternoon I noticed the 'authors' tab is back up once again on the NaNo site. Added you (Robin) to my list. If anyone else wants to add me (Arianlee), the more the merrier.

Now that my playtime is over, I guess it's back to writing... (14K & counting. Hoping for around 62K by the 30th.)

Suzane

4:52 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, it's been a while since I saw African Queen, but I think of her as a strong-minded woman. Rather like Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series, whom I adore.

I do a lot of mixed archetypes based on Su Viders' and Tami Cowden's book, Heroes and Heroines, and I would call her a librarian. Like I said, she will be of the Licorice Public Library family, an academic with a lot of book knowledge. He is going to be an explorer/adventurer...and that may be a bit of a spoiler.

Robin

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]