On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Writing life stuff

All right, evening and I haven't done any work, except thinking and some brainstorming about a fight scene (with my mentor, but I have a friend who is an expert who I'm waiting on -- that's my rationalization).

I do have a chat tonight at Night Owl Romance where I'll be giving away an ARC of Heart Dance...in an hour or so.

Other author stuff: ordered July 2007-June 2008 wallet calendars of Heart Dance for RWA. I also joined the Washington DC chapter of RWA, just for the retreat next spring. ..at Harpers Ferry. Mom and I were at Harpers Ferry and it is a beautiful spot. Retreat sounds wonderful.

A note on contracts. Both my publishing contracts run out in the same year. It just happened this way, and I don't advise it. Stagger it if at all possible.

That's it for today, a little of this and that.
May you be able to focus today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger 932 said...

Nice Post!!!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, glad I didn't sound too tired and grumpy.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]