On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hooks, for you, for your Reader

I ended my writing yesterday on a hook. An, ooooh, chills, sort of hook. So it will be easy to go back to that particular scene. I hope. And when I write something like that, I hope it will also be an excellent chapter end.

Since I write out of sequence, I'm never quite sure of my chapter ends until I put my scenes and transitions together. Even then my hooks might not stay because I put all my chapters together in a master document in the rough draft phase and tinker with the amount of pages and the best place to break a chapter.

But what I finished with would make an excellent break. Sometimes they come naturally (the best). Sometimes they're planned. And sometimes you have to work to force them and hope it doesn't show.

May you lay your hooks well today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]