On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 14, 2006

REAL Soundtracks

I know I've made up soundtracks for my work, and have them in files, and I've always listened to music when I work ... always have music on around me if at all possible. With all the ipods out there, we Americans LOVE our music. And my music is not necessarily the same as yours.

But.

That isn't the same as the Big, Big Writers having their work made into film, having a score, a soundtrack.

This wasn't something I'd thought of before. Who would you get to score your work? Would you like it or not? What if a theme came out of a composer's head that you didn't care for? Or would always be associated with YOUR work?

Those are questions to think about, but I think it would be utterly awesome, and I'm pretty sure that everyone else would, too. And I'd probably listen to the soundtracks until I was nauseated...and while I was writing my next.

May a soundtrack roll through your head and help you write today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Van Morrison would score my WIP. His works have inspired many of my characters, settings and even scenes.

Romantic ballads, bluesy swing and even divine inspirationals can all be found in his catalog. He would be my first choice.

So I think I would skip John Williams in place of Van the Man.

;)

moon

2:58 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL. I like Williams, but there was someone else up for an Oscar this year that I really like too, whose name has escaped me -- esp with a whiney cat hooking her claws into my sleepshirt...

Robin

6:50 AM  
Blogger Michele Hauf said...

Robin! If you want to make one of your soundtrack a bit more 'real', turn it into an iMix. If you have iTunes, go to the Music Store, then select iMix. I made one for my next Bombshell. Search for 'Getaway Girl Book Soundtrack' at iMixes, and you'll find it. It's very cool! And easy to do.
Michele

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]