On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Free Editor/Agent Time -- Free Conference

Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers is having their Writer of the Year panel tomorrow night at the Tattered Cover (new location in the old Lowebstein Theater). Carol Berg is our Writer of the Year (I was a couple of years ago) and we give away breakfasts and lunches with editors and agents and a free conference. So it's usually packed.

Since I'm not WOTY or the former WOTY, I am not moderating. YAY! But I will be there, and probably setting up dinner before...

One of the WONDERFUL thing about any writing conference is talking writing with others, people who GET it. Technique. Slow spots. Fears. Joys.

I'll be doing a freewriting seminar (including, of course, freewriting) and we'll see how that goes. I've been getting my notes together, but at least it isn't the massive research job that "Software for Writers" was. What a hard one that was! And it wasn't picked up for RWA National (which is always my hope "try again next year" I heard -- well, software DOES change from year to year and I wasn't up for another couple of months of exploring the software and the $$). But freewriting will take less time and I hope be a benefit to all.

If you're in the area and interested in writing, or the great Carol Berg, come to the event.

May you feel like "Writer of the Year" when you sit down to your keyboard today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]