On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Same Time, Same Station

Image hosting by Photobucket

Just wanted to remind you all that writing everyday and at the same time everyday is important. Really, train your mind/creative self/inner creative child to show up at the page works. The girls in the attic or the old guy in the basement will provide ideas. Panic will diminish.

Trust me, baby.

Yes, it works, but it DOES take a little time. For me, the groove came back after 5 days...morning writing, but I still have to set a good time for afternoon/evening writing. And that is, of course, today. Tomorrow will probably be harder. But, you know, I have the confidence that this continue and that makes up for EVERYTHING.

May your schedule be established and you zoom today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

You're right, Robin. It really helps to have a set writing time. I also think it's important to train ourselves to be flexible. If for some reason our usual writing time is interrupted, we need to be able to pick it up later.

And we also have to figure out when a schedule just isn't working for us anymore. I can write fine in the morning during the winter, but in the summer it's much harder. Odd, that.

11:00 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Well, it helps but it doesn't happen for me. What I have done instead is train my brain with aromatherapy. Everytime I sit down to write creatively, I light a candle or my aromatherapy pot with the scents of vanilla and mint.

Vanilla for relaxation. Mint for energy.

For me, it cues my brain into that writing mode since I can't seem to get the same time on a daily basis.

6:25 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Good points, ladies. Moon, a little writing ritual is excellent, especially scent...hmmm, different candles for different books as subconscious cues? Like my music, too.

Jeri, yes, I was all out of whack yesterday -- why is it that the night you stay up until 2:30 am is right before you're supposed to take the car to the shop at 7:30?

I got some writing, done, bits of the last real essential scene of the book, I think.

Love,
robin

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]