On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 11, 2005

Chapter Graphics -- Publishing

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All right, one thing that a publisher can do to add a little interest to a book is Chapter Graphics -- a little drawing/graphic at the beginning of the chapter. Today I'll go with my Luna book, Guardian of Honor.

Luna Books has been incredible in adding a special graphic at the beginning of each Chapter to distinguish the book. See above for Guardian of Honor. It's a nice touch that all the authors appreciate, and we hope readers do, too -- and other instances are: the line-drawing of a Fairy Godmother wielding a wand for Mercedes Lackey's Fairy Godmother, and the symbol on the banner (designed by author Michele Hauf) for Seraphim. I had no idea what they'd use for Guardian of Honor, but I was pleased, and didn't see it until I got the book!

Love to all,
Robin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Robin!

I thought I was the only one who noticed--not to mention, got excited about--chapter icons in the finished book. ;-)

I love the one you posted here! Interlocking infinity symbols, with a celtic flavor. Verra nice, Luna!!

All best with HEART CHOICE. FWIW, I think the cover is fantastic!

--Tina

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]