On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

WOW! Hot Off the Presses! I have bookses! Contractual Author Copies.

I shouldn't be here because it is thundering and lightning and whipping branches around outside my office window (open with no screen to let the air in, I'm on the 2nd story).

I came home to HUGE boxes of books! Both Heart Choice and What Dreams May Come have arrived! The first time I've ever received my books before they were published from Berkley. I know I have 75 copies of Heart Choice, it's in my contract (K in legal shorthand). That (along with film rights) was one of the things I negotiated in my first K, up the author copies from 25 to 50, when I got my new agent, she upped it to 75. WOW! The novella K was brief and I don't know how many I received of What Dreams May Come, I'll have to count. The metallic cover is bluer than the more purplish cover flat I got. Wow.

Guess you can tell I'm excited. We've been talking about teasers (and more tomorrow) and I only have a tiny 2-3 page teaser of Heart Quest in the back of the book -- not what I was expecting, but what I wanted.

Oh, joy! Oh, rapture! My preciousies.

Love to all,
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Whoo-hoo!

That must be SOOOOO exciting.

Congratulations.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Night Owl Romance - Tammie said...

cool Robin - It must be so cool to get your own published book in the mail :)

Tammie
http://www.nightowlromance.com

8:58 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It IS pretty d**n cool. And did I say, the cover I didn't care for looks GOOD?

Robin

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]