On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Publishing Fire Drills

Full Castle Map HERE (scroll down): http://robindowens.com/worlds/worlds_guardian.htm

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Yes, I had a quick little one Monday. Last month I sent my editor the Map of Lladrana and Castle Map for the front of Sorceress of Faith. Most of the action takes place on the islands, but Marian and Jaquar DO visit the Marshalls’ Castle (and the town of Castleton). Well, I’d “updated” the Castle Map (I thought) to include places seen in Guardian of Honor, the eharlequin story (here: http://www.eharlequin.com/cms/onlinereads/readsIntro.jhtml?pageID=050118rh01001&_requestid=263659 ) Song of Marwey, and Sorceress of Faith. Wrong. The Castle Map has a highlighted section of “Alexa’s Suite.” Oops.

It happens that when Marian and Jaquar visit the Castle they stay under Alexa’s Suite, so a few minutes of cutting and pasting and the new map reads “4th Floor: Marian and Jaquar’s Suite at the Castle” which is appropriate to – um – part of their stay at the Castle. Ah, the joys of email!

The worst fire drills I’ve had occurred this year when both my publishers wanted “Teaser Chapters” of the next book. I think I spoke of it earlier in this blog. Switching gears from the Lladrana Series to the Heart Series and back, then doing the reverse a few weeks later – and in a short amount of time to submit acceptable work – was tough.

Love to all,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

You tell us it is tough, Robin...but you make it look easy.

Celta or Llandrana...Llandrana or Celta...hmm....

Personally, I would take EITHER world ANYTIME.

Both are great places to visit. And when is Robin D. Owens World being built?

I think it would be cooler than Disney! Come an visit T'ash's jewelry store! Adopt a FAM. Then, cross over to Llandrana pavilion and sup with Faucon and friends. Slay monsters for fun!

I'm already packed. Just send me the ticket.

Next stop...RDO WORLD.

Terri

6:06 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks for the compliment...a Robin D. Owens world? I think my brain just crashed!

Love,
Robin

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]