On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 26, 2011

Enchanted Again Front Cover

Here's just the front in more detail! And yesterday was 99, a record here -- the hottest it's ever been so late in the year. :( I feel like Amber (heroine). Next up will be the current back cover copy.

Photobucket

May you have a cool and SAFE (you NEasterners), day! Irene frightens me for the damage it can do to our country and cities.

Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I love this cover! Those flowers add a nice pop of color(they are pansies aren't they?)

7:52 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Nope, they is violets as in "the small brown creature was picking violets in her garden". :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. Glad to know they are violets-- they surely look like pansies. I do know that violets come in many colors though, so they could be violets.

Was the small brown creature picking the flowers, or the leaves? Around here, we pick the leaves for salads!

6:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

My violets are all purple. The brownie was picking the violets to candy. It's the opening scene. ;)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Technically pansies are violets - a hybrid cultivated from particular species' of the viola genus. We get a bit snobby about pansies in England but they're very pretty I find, they always make me think they're looking up at me beseechingly! However sweet violet smells so much nicer even though the flowers are tiny.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Those flowers look like violas to me, which I've grown in my garden along with pansies. My grandmother grew violets, which I tend to kill.

However, when I looked the flower up, I found this: according to wikipedia: viola species (commonly called violets, pansies or heartsease) are also found in widely divergent areas such as Hawaii, Australasia, and the Andes in South America.

So there you have it. Those beautiful purplish-blue flowers are related to the pansy and are violas or violets.

Pretty flower and add a nice bit of color to your book cover.

I might just look for some violas or violets for my garden tomorrow. :)

Janice~

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]