On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Revise, Revise, Revise


Heart Secret's proposal (the last in my contracted Heart books), is due on April 1. I printed out in "booklike" landscape form and revised the first chapter again today. I liked the opening since I wrote it...but I've taken it to critique and revised it myself a couple of times more. Once two days ago. Writers will revise ad infinitum. But I am sure it's a better chapter now, some clunky paragraphs were cut...Chapter 2, here I come.

May you enjoy your day.
Robin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Bess said...

looking forward to it, but hope/wish it's not the end of the series - I've enjoyed this world you've invented.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Good luck.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that I hope it is not the last heart book. The world is wonderful! Now that we are getting into the second generation, the excitment is still there. I am really looking forward to hearing about Anten, the daughter of the couple from Heart theif and many more characters espically Vinni and Avellana. Please don't stop.

8:06 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks a lot, folks. I am enjoying the younger generation, too...the first "child" on stage is Dontea Ash.

Robin

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Owens, I am intrigued! Does that mean that Laev Hawthorn is matched with Dontea? Now, I paid really close attention in Heart Change (Cratag is very attractive!) and I was thinking that Laev's heartmate with the mugroot girl or the camilla darjeeling. Great teaser and way to keep the readers guessing. Looking forward to reading you books for years to come.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Was Dontea suppose to be one of the twins? If so, I thought you named the girl Jasmine in Heart Change? (Maybe I'm remembering wrong...)

7:06 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yikes re: Dontea/Jasmine. You are so right.

Yes, the next book is about Laev. The next generation child on stage is JASMINE (will have to change my chapters, thanks!)...no she is not Laev's HeartMate.

Robin

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]