On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Films from Books

I've been watching the Lifetime Nora Roberts movies and can say that last year's were butchered but they seem to be better this year as if the screenwriter has gotten their hand in.

I would imagine the points you need to include in a film made from a movie, if you are going to follow the whole story line, are the primary plot points -- first turning point, climax, black moment, etc. The characters are streamlined too.

In any event Northern Lights is one of my favorite books and I wasn't too pleased with it since it also cut one of my major favorite characters. The hero's growth point was completely different.

I also watched the Karate Kid movies which I had. The entertainment is still there, especially in the character of Danny LaRusso, but the villains were strictly cardboard. In any event, I still enjoyed them which is the real reason you keep movies and books around, right? To make you feel good?

The flashes continue, the floaters are still there, the weather is frigid and snowy and I still have to deal with messy business tomorrow, then taxes.

So, since Tommy got me up at dawn, I think I'll go back to bed for a couple of hours until my usual brunch crew date.

Enjoy the peace of the day,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Oh, I hope your eyes are going to be okay. I was wondering if it was too much eye strain? You write, read and been watching your movies that all has to do with eyes and eye strain.

Take care,
Janice~

12:43 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Janice, actually they think this comes from head trauma. I woke up the other night coughing hard (hard enough to wake me up), or bad sneezing can also start it. So think of a jerking of the neck or head. Sometimes the gel liquifies in bits, but it seems all at once (in left eye) for me.

Take care,
Robin

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]