On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sometimes Other Things Are More Impt.

One of the previous days this week, I had a hard time getting into the writing groove and finally was in the middle of a scene that was working after dinner, when I got a call from a friend who has recently had a relationship crash. She wanted to go to dinner.

Of course I went. Even if this had been an intense deadline week, I would have gone. Like the title says, some things are more important than writing. I DID go back and finish the scene, and continued to drag along to my wordcount after we talked. Nothing, for me was lost, but I gave some comfort to a friend.

That is always more important. LIFE is more important.

So may you LIVE today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Yep, that is so true. It's always good to have your priorities straight, which can be rough sometimes when deadlines are *always* looming on the horizon.

5:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Glad to hear you have many deadlines! But friends must be a priority.

Take care,
Robin

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]