On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Actor Hero - Raz Cherry/Gilles Marini

It's common advice not to do heroes in the arts...but I'm on book 9 of the Heart series, it's futuristic, and I have already introduced Raz Cherry in Heart Fate.

Then there's Gilles Marini in Dancing With The Stars this season. I couldn't be more blessed with inspiration for Raz (though I think Raz has blue eyes and a native American skin tone).

The above link shows the interview, bits of rehearsal, Gilles dancing the Argentine Tango (which mentor called a perfect definition of "Alpha Male"), the scores, and a tiny bit more interview. What I REALLY liked about the (last) interview is the brief bit of "It's my job" to act the dance, a complete acceptance of who/what he is.

And yes, I will definitely be watching, and saving bits for inspiration. The tango itself can be seen as a mini-story.

May you enjoy all sorts of inspiration today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader...
I am sorry to say that now I will not be able to like Raz!!
If you ever have seen real tango dancing you'd know what I mean!

3:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, Gilles is not quite Raz, but he works for me. ;) And I'm sure he did the best he could with Cheryl's choreography. And, no, I haven't ever seen a "straight" tango.

May you enjoy your dancing today.
Robin

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]