On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 05, 2008

Not Like In The Mind

I hesitated getting started on the second scene I wanted to write for the urban fantasy...ok, currently entitled Phantom Quartz, because it felt like one of those scenes that no matter how vivid it was in my imagination, everything I wanted it to be wouldn't come out on the page. The first scene had gone so well, new stuff being revealed and added that I hadn't thought of.

It happens, often, that the scene isn't as rich...the dust as dusty, the arms as gnarly, the fight as grunting, as I saw in my mind. This happens, and from what I understand, it happens to poets most of all.

So I do the best I can to get the essence down and let that missing bit of inspiration that dissipates into the air when the idea hits the page just go, mourned.

May you nail what you need to nail today and if a spark or two escapes, that's fine. It's the best you can do.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]