On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Passion

Follow your heart.

Follow your heart and magic will come.

These are two of the little "blessings" I write when I sign my books.

Last night my mentor and I went to a Denver School of Fine Arts event, and the people on stage were incredible, especially the three drummers. You could see the passion for their music, MUSIC, on their faces and they were having a great time.

During the intermission, I turned to my mentor and said, "They're following their passion and so are we. We might not be making much money, but we're doing what we want, and that's important."

There was a time, right before I seriously started writing, that I was doing well enough in the day job, nothing was going wrong, but I really didn't care if I lived one day to the next. (Ok, it might have been after I'd been dumped, which was the inciting event for me to take a course from mentor and become a writer).

So following your heart, embracing your passion, is important. And maybe you won't make a lot of money, but your inner soul will be satisfied.

That said, Don't Quit Your Day Job.

May today be sunny and full of music and passion for you.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Mayhue said...

I love that philosophy! It really is about following your heart, isn't it?

~ Melissa

p.s... Did you get my email? :-)

9:16 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, believing in yourself and never quitting, and yes, got the email about the signing, and, as usual, thought I'd replied when I hadn't....

Robin

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]