On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Computer Blues

It was one of those days. I did some wordcount in the morning on the laptop, then took a break and went up to this desktop and found out my email wasn't working. I could get it, but I couldn't send it.

Messed around with the #$#@$#(*&%(#&$@*& thing all day long, removed programs, reset the computer to last December (best backup). Finally contacted my server and they said that since I'd gotten some spam they reset the socket the mail was coming from (like a day doesn't go by that I don't get spam?). They don't bother to notify in these cases. (????) During the chat, the person gave me three links that didn't work and finally had to type out step by step instructions. Just got off that chat.

So all's well that end's well, but you know how you feel when you flounder around trying to figure out what went strange between yesterday and today? I swear, it's like magic spells where you have to hold your mouth JUST RIGHT.

And I always keep thinking that the next thing I'll try will fix it...

Anyway it's done, and since an email was in my outbox that I thought was snotty (responding to spam saying that my PO Box was prime realty for refinancing), I deleted it before it went.

I'm tired. I have Amanda Quick's new book and may finish it before I turn in, but I have an RMFW board meeting tomorrow am that I can walk to, but I DO want to get some writing in...

Anyway, may all your computers be perfectly behaved today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I'm sorry your computer (or was that email?) acted up. That's the pits.

11:45 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

My server decided to change the email port, so, of course, I thought it was the computer and messed around with it all day.

Thanks, just glad it's working now.
Robin

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]