On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 12, 2008

Bleh

Writing went slowly today, only got 3 pages done (again sewing my chapters together) before it was time for brunch. Could NOT miss this brunch as the restaurant we've hung at for many years is closing.

Then catsat and fell asleep for quite a while. Back home and messed around, email, etc.

About an hour ago I looked at my chapters and realized I'd screwed up, written two different things for the same time period, so now I have to untangle it. I really don't do this often, but it slowed me down. Did two pages that may or may not stand, and finished my wordcount.

Just a rather bleh day, though I think if I hadn't had the am interruption it might have been a good day.

However, wordcount WAS made, which is, of course, the bottom line.

Love to all,
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Maybe you will like hearing this: I was horribly sick and crampy and miserable on Friday, and after I'd thrown up and then spent an hour trying to be not concious in bed, I was lying there, and it suddenly occurred to me that I wanted to read a "Heart" book. Nothing else. So I realized that your Heart books are apparently my easy comfort-reading. Thanks. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

YAY!!! Happy Dance!!! I LOVE that my books are a comfort read!

Thanks!
Robin

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely! I agree with Brooke. There are days when I, standing in the middle of my 'library', have nothing to read and I just reach for either of your series. I pretty much start at the beginning and read through to the end. I don't do that with many other series and I have done it more than once with yours.

I have two other favorite books that I will read in such times: The Notorious Rake by Mary Balough and The Duchess of Asherwood by Mary A. Garratt.

When you come out with the third series then I will have more things to read in such times of crisis.

Tine

9:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

WOW, thanks Tine!

Robin

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]