On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Reviews Again -- Promotion

I was reading reviews again last night and it was depressing. Even the smallest detracting comments all add up, and the WONDERFULs fade fast in the face of them...

Now, why? 'Cause I had to. This actually is the truth. An author must promote her book and I bought some advertising, which included 5-6 review snippets that had to be submitted NOW. So I spent a couple of hours googling Heart Dance reviews and I think I got most of them that are posted on review sites and some blogs. Got some lovely quotes, and I'll go through and clean them up (no negatives) for my own Reviews information for the future.

I still need to send some "series" quotes to my editor for Heart Fate. And since Heart Fate will be coming out a year from now (October, had to be pushed back because of my writing schedule for Luna), I should be hearing any minute from my editor about a cover conference.

I think I'll ask for a guy in a ninja suit. With a sword. Hey, Tinne is the second-in-command to The Green Knight Fencing and Fighting Salon. They have "practice robes."

DID get some new pages written, mostly because I allowed myself to write WAY out of sequence, something that will happen later in the book.

May you feel upbeat all day long!
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger talia pente said...

I love Tinne. Have for a few books now. Can't wait to read his story.

Shake off the bad and move on is about all you can do with reviews. That and be true to your story.

(((Robin)))

talia

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black with traces of green would be good for the practice gear at the Green Knight. Or maybe, that green that is so dark as to be almost black. I could have a lot of fun dressing Tinne.

Both of your series are phenomenal. I read HeartMate and it quickly hooked me for all of your books in both of your worlds.

Keep doing what you are doing, because you hit it out of the ballpark each and everytime.

Tine

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]