On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Day of Other Writers & Company

All right. I spent a lot of time on the Romance Divas forum answering questions and interacting virtually. Then I went to CRW and got a real rose and SIX silk roses for past book sales and my 10th book bracelet. Talked and talked and interacted IN PERSON. Saw Beth Anne of Beth Anne's books and really enjoyed speaking with her.

Got home and worked more on Romance Divas, then got a call from good friends and went out to dinner with excellent conversation about jobs, coins, selling at online auctions, Mile Hi Con, then back with Romance Divas.

Then got an email from Rae Monet about updating my website. I've been wanting to add a virtual room for the last year or so as an intro page, and my Bookshelf is a real mess. Many backs and forths with Rae and it looks like this will actually happen in the near future.

Hung on until it was time to post this, now I'll turn on Amaryllis by Jayne Ann Krentz -- Wonderful story, hideous reader -- audio book and listen to it until I go to sleep.

Going to brunch tomorrow and will be measured for a kimono like the ones on Keepers of the Flame. My friend, Jane Campbell (Cloaks by Campbell and Seams Like Magik is going to make the kimono.

So that's all folks. No writing done, but some contemplated. May you enjoy company today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Mayhue said...

It was wonderful to see you on Saturday, Robin...and wonderful to see you get your well-deserved recognition for ten...TEN... books!

I'm sorry you didn't get any writing done...but it was great to have you there. And, hopefully, a day off recharged your batteries!!

:-) Melissa Mayhue

3:28 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Had a great time, Melissa! Good to see and talk with you!
Robin

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]