On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer's End & Butt in the Chair

I knew when I came back from my tiny retreat that the house would not be hot again for the rest of the year, but today, ah, it was a precious summer's day.

Writing was difficult. I didn't sleep well, I got too cold, woke up several times in the night but didn't stay awake enough to get up and do anything about it. Then I misplaced my glasses. I have two old pairs, but even with the most recent, I can't see the computer monitor to type (I'm about 2-3 feet away from the monitor).

THEN I'd misplaced some research and couldn't find the website to download again. I love Mozilla, but to be honest I REALLY like the history function in IE because it lists by date and I can usually pinpoint the date I'm doing certain research. It was on August 13. Edible Forest Gardening. Also known as permaculture. (I think, it's late/early).

Anyway, then it was time to get the new tires on my car, and I walked around Cherry Creek Mall and even bought a couple of things. Then finally back and I put the butt in the chair and struggled but I made my word count. I get a sticker a day in my engagement calendar if I make wordcount (new reward).

Oh, I looked up a cover contest and Sorceress took second, EXCELLENT! Even with a more yellow-green tint to the pic. Luna was well-represented.

So a very desultory day, writing wise, but spiritually fulfilling and laid back.

May you savor your day today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Catie said...

Ooh, you get points for using "desultory" in casual blogging! :) Robin for the win!

-Catie

8:24 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, sometimes them words is slippery thangs and escape me. Tried animadvert last week and didn't spell it right, and when I looked it up on dictionary.com it didn't mean what I thought it meant, either.

Robin

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]