On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Website

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I need to update for this month, occasionally I miss a month and I did that last month...

Anyway for about a year now I've wanted an "entry" room for my website, something interesting and fun (like Lisa Kleypas' old website but it's gone). This would be a room with a desk with objects and you could click on objects (like a window showing Calli flying on Thunder) and go to the Worlds page, or a cat and go to About Robin, etc. J.K. Rowling has her desk, but this would be a room with a desk. There would be a regular sidebar for navigation, too.

REALLY wanted this. But I didn't find any sort of a good background-type template until recently. Unfortunately the artists are Russian and my Russian is more than rusty (took it all through high school and college). I've sent 2 emails (in English), but have had no reply.

Still, it seems a step closer to getting it.

May you have no distractions in your day today,
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a look at juliegarwood.com
Is this what you mean?

10:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, but without the animations...though I love them I want to keep a lower tech feel for the older connections (ok, my Mom).

Robin

11:35 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANKS FOR THIS, should have said that!!!

Robin

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the animations difficult to deal with, since my computer has not the latest gadgets. I just love your blog and website.Thanks to you too.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]