On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 13, 2006

First Meet

I'm working on Heart Match (title to change), and realized that one of the scenes that "starts in the middle" (since I'm a pantzer) is the First Meet, which, in romance terms, is the first meeting of the hero and heroine. This usually sets up sexual tension, romantic tension, interaction, and may also highlight their differences which will lead to the Black Moment where the relationship breaks.

So it's incredibly important. I wrote the scene, but am dissatisfied with it. It's in the hero's POV, so he doesn't know (but the reader does) that the heroine has a Big Secret. So now I'm thinking that I should be in the heroine's (Dufleur's) POV. But I've been in her POV for the last chapter and a half. Huh.

I think I'll take a look at it, revise once and go on, then come back if there's something I need to set up in the end. That's usually THE best thing to do with any scene. **s to the rescue, reminding me that I must revise the scene (as if I'll forget).

But if you're writing romance, note the above list that CAN be accomplished in this one scene -- the interaction between the hero and heroine. Even with a romantic subplot, this should be a well-crafted scene.

May your meets all go well today,
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]