On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Inspiration

Here I was, congratulating myself that the idea of Dufleur's time experiments came out of the blue, when I found these images (I put them together) on my computer. They are, of course, a website design from the late, great Moyra's Web Jewels, which I watched for many, many months. I DID consider buying this page, and another, Art Deco page, and I LOVED the dark...but I wanted excellent contrast, so that's why I went with a dark background on my site (as here) and a lighter "page."

This obviously was where I got the germ of the idea. Visual, once again.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I spent WAY too much time revisiting my favs (though I have a lot, now) here:


Museum of Moyra's Web Jewels


Wherever your inspiration springs from today, may it be plentiful.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful designs! Thanks for the information and no wonder you find them inspiring.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh, yay! A museum to Moyra. :D

I have that set on my computer, too. It was my absolute favorite of her designs. I always admired her work, her talent, and wished I could produce something even relatively close. But alas and alack, there was only ever one Moyra.

11:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I'm barely skilled in web stuff, the most I've ever done is here on the blog.

I spent hours in the museum, sadly, as the internet grows and changes, her designs (still gorgeous and cutting edge, many of them) are being lost...

Robin

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]