On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, June 01, 2006

2 New Heart Books!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm pleased to announce that I sold two more books in the "Heart" series -- futuristic fantasies set on the lost Earth Colony of Celta, currently scheduled for August, 2007 and July 2008.

Heart Match is the story of Saille T'Willow, the premier matchmaker of Celta, recently come into the title of the minor secondary character D'Willow (seen in Heart Duel). The heroine of the book is Dufleur Thyme, impoverished cousin of Ilex Winterberry (hero of the September release Heart Quest). Both these characters are introduced in Heart Quest. The first two lines of HEART MATCH are:

Dufleur watched the fresh pinecone wither before her eyes and fall into dust. This experiment with time was not going at all well.


Heart Fate is the long-awaited story of Tinne Holly and is currently a darker, more angst ridden story than I usually write -- the first chapters at least.

Thanks to my readers who have made this sale possible.

May your writing lead you to new insights today.
Robin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! and a surprise too. I was expecting Heart Match to be the story of Cratag and Marigold.
Hopefully, that will be in the future and even if they do not get together, but with other partners, we will be lucky to get two books instead of one.
Just re-read all the four Heart books and really appreciate your writing, the stories and the wonderful rich background that get the imagination going. Had a good laugh with Clam, again!
Thanks for the blog too.

8:46 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, Cratag and Marigold will be after Heart Fate if Berkley and I continue together, currently titled Heart Change.

Thanks for enjoying the Heart books. I still like Clam, too. I think he's my most unlikely character, though the hamster in Sorceress of Faith runs second...now I have to get back to that pesky illegal time experiment....

Robin

8:53 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Great Robin! Congrats!

Yes! I love Cratag, too. I'd like to hear that story. Still, we have been patient waiting for Tinne and these others tales sound wonderful.

I would take Clam over Puck. Good thing Puckster was with Marian, cause he would never have survived with me. LOL!!!

;)

moon

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Woo-hoo! WTG, Robin! Do something to celebrate.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!
As a reader I'm definitely saying Hurray!!!!!!!!!!. Books to look forward to in 07 and 08. Love your books. Keep writing.

3:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you all, I'm keeping busy, so I'm just checking out all my comments and replying today. Thanks again!

Robin

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]