On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 25, 2005

Soundtracks for your books

Have I spoken about this before? Sometimes it's hard to recall, since I've been doing this since May. Anyway, usually as soon as I sit down at the computer, I hit the key for My Music. I started soundtracks with Heart Choice, and only had a few there (Straif's theme, Mitchella's theme and some Celtic tracks). Guardian of Honor was better, most characters had themes -- Alexa was a saxaphone track, Reynardus had this low toned, dark, surreal melody. Sorceress of Faith also had a few tracks...but with Heart Quest, I exploded. I wanted enough to be able to work a couple of hours and still keep in the story. Well, Trif was a musician (who knew?) with tin whistle, pan pipes, and silver flute (learned interesting facts about silver flutes).

So I had Trif's theme, Winterberry's theme, a couple of "chase" songs, Trif makes a HeartCall and I have that, too, a kitten jig, and some atmospheric music.

And, ahem, some sound tapes (Steven Halpern, Kelly Howell) for earphones for Increased Creativity etc... I like this stuff, and it helps me focus.

I anticipate putting the soundtrack of Heart Choice (now two books back for me, but still the latest released for you all), up on my website for my Worlds page in Decmember...something else to do.

Love to all, and may you incorporate sound in a new way in your stories today.

Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

This is a wonderful idea!
I don't remember you bringing this up before...but even so, never hurts to repeat for someone who missed it the first time.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jolie Mathis said...

Robin:

Do you have a favorite Halpern or Howell CD to recommend? I've been looking for something like that! Thanks for mentioning them!

9:38 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I like Halpern's Enhancing Creativity and Howell's Brain Massage. I downloaded these from emusic.com I love emusic -- now these are sonic wave type things masked by ambient music...and you can try a snippet before you buy at emusic, too, as well as get 40 tracks free, which should set you up in the beginning.

Robin

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jolie Mathis said...

Awesome, Robin! I'm going to check it out.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]