On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Using Quotes in Your Books

I worry a little about the title Sorceress of Faith, because "faith" usually has the connotation of being linked with spiritual belief, and that isn't quite what I meant with the title. Marian must learn to have faith in herself.

And that's easy to say, but not as elegant as putting a nice quote in the front of the book. Nora Roberts does this often, makes sections of her book and adds a quote to explain. I hadn't found anything that really struck me until Sorceress of Faith, and AFTER I turned in the "front matter." So the quote that is most integral to the story never made it and I'll have to content with putting it on my Worlds and reads page. http://robindowens.com/reads/sorceress_of_faith.htm

So here it is: Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. -- William Newton Clark

May quotes inspire you and your writing inspire quotes!
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Love that quote. I think any writer has to be a person of deep faith, as defined by that quote. It's the only thing with the power to overcome fear of failure.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]