On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Motivation for Writers

I have a bibliography that I use for my Survive to Write, Write to Survive Seminar (How to Hang in There Until You're Published). So here it is.

For Motivational Quotes, Affirmations and Creativity Exercises, and the Story Machine visit my site at http://www.robindowens.com/freeyourartist.htm OF COURSE, I USE IT MYSELF!

The Artist's Way, a Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron with Mark Bryan; J P Tarcher; ISBN: 0874776945; (July 1992)

The Observation Deck, A Tool Kit for Writers by Naomi Epel; Chronicle Books; ISBN: 0811814815; Book&cards edition (September 1998)

Tarot Affirmations for Positve Growth and Change by Sally Hill, Pamela Colman Smith, Mary Hanson-Roberts

"Never Quit" Little Message Window Cards by Compendium Incorporated

Self-Care Cards by Cheryl Richardson and Jean-Paul Avisse

List Your Self, Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery by Ilene Segalove and Paul Bob Velick; Andrews McMeel Publishing; ISBN: 0836221796; (October 1996)


The Sacred Journey; personal journal and appointment book by Cheryl Thiele

Insights on Being a Writer, thoughts to Stimulate a Writer's Mind flipbook by Lisa Craig and Sue Viders, contact http://www.lisacraig.com to purchase

Walking on Alligators, a Book of Meditations for Writers by Susan Shaughnessy

Stephen King on Writing, a Memoir of the Craft (particularly the middle section) by Stephen King

Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Writers, edited by Jack Canfiled, Mark Victor Hansen, Bud Gardner


May motivation be easy for you today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Robin!

terri

7:03 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I also wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

BTW-I too, have the Artist's Way. Only have done the first chapter...But I have intentions to go back to it. Life got in the way...but the book is always in the back of my mind. And it is NOT sitting on a bookshelf, but in plain view, patiently waiting for me.

As far as other things that inspire me, that bring creativity back into focus and are postive....
That would be...
YOU.

7:30 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Terri and the best to you.

Michele, that's a lovely compliment and something *I* can be thankful for this day. I am Thankful for all my readers.

The Artist's Way is great...I did it twice. It seemed a little hard for me to do all at once, so I did a week once a month. The "no reading" week (and I would assume that meant blogs and internet stuff, too!) was a killer.

The week a month thing really helped , and though I loathed them, so did the morning pages.

Take care,
Robin

9:32 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for the "tip", Robin!!

It is appreciated more than you know.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]