On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 03, 2005

KATRINA BLOG FOR RELIEF

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This Blog is part of the Weekend Blog Relief.

Yes, I've donated some money to a writer's fund for some specific romance writers victims. I'm going to have a critique auctioned off for Larissa Ione (a bit of promo here, I did two for the Trish Jensen fund last year, and both ladies raved about them...one said she did better in contests after my crit -- I WAS brutal, but that's what they asked for)...

You all know that I am a major cat/pet lover, and I really don't want to IMAGINE what has happened to all those poor animals. So in the Blog for Relief, I am asking that you donate, like I have, also to The Humane Society, here, https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005

Also, I'm supposed to put a couple of other tags on this to make it part of the official Blog Support for Katrina Relief.

http://technorati.com/tag/flood%20aid

and http://technorati.com/tag/hurricane+katrina

Please help. And if you want to post pics of the animals in whose names you donated for, feel free.

Love to all,
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Robin,

We have donated to the humane society. It's difficult when you have 9 yr old in the house with so much of the news on TV. She worries about the people, but in true 9-year old faith, believes that people will help each other and they will get taken care of. (I mean, mom and dad take care of her, right?)

But the pics of the animals truly upsets her. Animals don't understand the reasons "why?" only that their pack/family is gone and they are alone and scared.

It's a worthy cause. I pray for all of God's creatures caught in this disaster.

Teri

8:46 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Moon. Again, I try not to imagine this, because sceanarios are all so tragic.

BTW, congrats on the submission to Deidre Knight!

Robin

2:57 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Well, it's scaring the bajeebas out of me. Really. I was moaning to a friend last night that the only fear worse than that of failure, is fear of suceeding. ;)

I am trying to give her my best stuff. And let the rest unfurl as it may.

A great opportunity.

I am blessed,

Terri

2:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Nah, it's the same old fear of failure...brace youself and zoom forward!

Robin

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]