On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 29, 2005

Writing Habits: Panel -- Everything You Want to Know About Selling Commercial Fiction

Discuss your writing habits. Where do you write? Do you write every day at a specific time?

Well, today I start my NEW schedule with Mondays off. I'm up, but I don't have to go to the dayjob, so that's always a good start. I'm meeting with my mentor to hammer on the contemporary paranormal series synopsis which is frozen in my brain.

Usually I do the blog in the am, come home in the evening and write, as much as I can or until I make my wordcount. I write at my desktop, but it's hooked up to the net, so sometimes I have to write on the laptop, which is not, to be dedicated. I do think you should write everyday, and at the same time every day. Stephen King is right in that -- letting the guy in the cellar (or Barbara Samuels Girls in the Attic), or your subconcious, know that it's time to write.

I intend to take myself off to coffeehouses, libraries or etc, to also write.

Now, I'm going to have some OJ, toast, and rev up Heart Quest.

Love to all, Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope you get a good agent and can dedicate your time just to writing and so produce more Celta books to our delight!
All the best for your extra writing day.

11:32 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I DO have a good agent and she's been goosing me to take the leap, and produce more...I just haven't been able to do it.

Robin

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]