On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Creativity Exercise/Plotting Workshop Notes. July Website Update!

Yes, you WILL have to put up with this every month after my website is updated. But like this blog, I TRY VERY HARD TO HAVE SOMETHING NEW AND FUN FOR READERS AND WRITERS.

CONTEST: This month is for a 3” cedar heart-shaped wooden box. As usual I have a quote from my current book -- Heart Choice – that may be a bit of a spoiler this month.
http://www.robindowens.com ENTRY IS THROUGH A POP-UP WINDOW.

Take a look at my Free Your Artist: This month’s creativity exercise deals with the Sun, and naturally I have some fun links.

http://robinowens.com/freeyourartist.htm

PLOTTING WORKSHOP FOR HEART CHOICE: I’ll probably talk about Plotting Workshops for the rest of the week. Here’s a result of the workshop for Heart Choice. If you’ve read the book, I think you’ll find some surprises!

http://robindowens.com/images/HeartChoicePlotting.pdf


COVER FOR SORCERESS OF FAITH UP!
http://robindowens.com/worlds/world_sorceress_of_faith.htm

And I really think it’s the most beautiful cover I’ve ever had. Of course, I’m going to have to rewrite her clothes and the scene and Marian’s not really “rubenesque” as I requested, but still, as a piece of art, it’s breathtaking.

Love to all,
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlee said...

That is an awesome cover!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cover, Robin! I love it!

3:41 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Oh I LOVE the cover!! Beautiful!!! And I will simply picture that lovely lady a bit more curvacous.

I have a Reubenesque heroine in my next WIP. Do you feel that editors are less inclined to want heroines with "real" bodies?

I am so tired of heroines with perfect metabolisms. Besides, in other worlds, who is to say that beauty isn't judged differently?

Terri

6:07 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I don't think that editors mind plump heroines, particularly if that works into their self-image. Plump heroes would be another matter. I DO think marketing and maybe art direction, like thinner people for selling purposes. I think if she'd been rubenesque, it would have sold just fine, but I'm the author.

Love,
Robin

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]