On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Here's the RITA

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pretty, isn't she? Big and heavy, too, and out of reach of the CATs! But the feather pen she's holding is very delicate. I've heard of people breaking it off **shudder**

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous trophy :) Were you totally shocked when they called your name? Wasn't this for your first book no less?

7:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I was up for 2 and they didn't call my name, they give the title of the book and I was petrified. I realized I was on the wrong side of the stage and RAN to the other side.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe That's one of those watershed moments }:)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I found Robin's blog! I found Robin's Blog! I feel special now.

Congrats on the blog, Robin!

-Nicole from WS chat

7:55 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Nicole. I hope to talk more about publishing, and only every few days.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Gena Showalter said...

Is it horrible that I want to stroke your statue? Maybe kiss it?

7:50 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Gena, the proper good luck charm is rubbing the Rita's butt -- where she determinedly sits in the chair. Since I was home town girl at the time I won, and had two critique groups, many folks did a bit of rubbing, or patting, or stroking.

Robin

8:06 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

OOOOOooooOOOOOOO!

AAAAAaaaaAAAAhhhhh!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]